Swimming Pool Trivia
is all about exploring the usage of water and the level of water consumption in swimming pools in US. US is a nation with the highest per-capita resource consumption per year, water consumption is not an exception.
With the high level of lifestyle in US, swimming pools are becoming a part of residential plans and layout. The following infographics will describe clearly how much the cost of a swimming pool is in US and how much is the consumption of water?
|Swimming Pool Trivia : Source - Fixr |
Swimming Pool Trivia - Facts
Effects on Health and Environment
- Average cost of swimming Pools Per hour - $ 1 Million.
- It will take 3 days for Niagara Fall to fill all the swimming pools in US.
- Sun evaporates 13 million gallons of water per hour from all US swimming pools.
- Americans spend a total of 190 Billion gallons of water to fill their pools.
- An average rainstorm can fill up to 35000 in-ground pools.
- Billion gallons of pure water is used to fill the pools in US alone. With ground water table going down and the pure water resources diminishing quickly, I don't think we can afford to waste that quantity of water every day.
- Chlorine and Disinfectants are added to the swimming pool water to clean it. These disinfectants increases the pH value of the water in the pool.
- Water that has a higher pH value increases the risk of eczema and rashes. So if you stay in the swimming pool for a longer duration, you will be more susceptible to these kind of ailments.
- When the swimming pool water is discharged into the drain, it either is absorbed by the earth or is mixed with the river water or nearby water resource.
- This makes the ground water or surrounding water resource, with which it was mixed, more acidic in nature. This has serious health hazards for the people and the marine life.
Labels: Environmental Pollution